Tuesday 5 April 2016

Royal Festival Hall 1

I joined an evening drawing class called 'Nocturnal Interiors' with the Royal Drawing School. I wanted to get back to a routine of drawing in my sketchbook (as opposed to digitally) and more from life. The course is over now but I'm only just computerizing my work, so I'll plonk them up as I go.  The theme is about architectural spaces and the people that inhabit them. For the first session at the South Bank, tutor Johnny Dewe-Matthews got me to think about:

  • filling the page so the composition feels complete
  • think more about perspective and angles of the space
  • capturing people and their poses to tell a story
Having gotten quite covert about my sketching process, I found just having somebody look over my shoulder and prod me into doing things differently was a hugely beneficial change in approach, from the very first session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment